Gas pipeline engineering data:
- Gas pipeline length – 1475 km
- Gas pipeline capacity (design capacity) – 10 billion cubic meters per year
- Design pressure:
7, 35 MPa – on the “Beyneu – Bozoy” section
9, 81 MPa – on the “Bozoy – Shymkent” section
- Laid pipe diameter – 1067 mm
- Pipe wall thickness – 11,9/15,9mm
- Steel grade – X70
- Number of compressor stations – 2
- Number of gas compressor units – 9 (6 operational units and 3 reserve units)
- Gas compressor unit power – 15 Mwatt
- First stage – 2011 – 2013
Building of the main line from CS Bozoy to CS Kereit – 1130,5 km, pipeline bend to CS “Samsonovka”(“Akbulak”) – 33,5 km
The building of the compressor station CS Bozoy with 3 operational gas compressor units and 1 reserve gas compressor unit, GMU Bozoy, GMU Kereit and GMU Akbulak (for providing the gas pipeline a capacity of up to 6 billion cubic meters per year)
- Second stage – 2014 – 2015
Building of the Beyneu – Bozoy gas pipeline section – 311 km
The building of an additional compressor station CS Karaozek (with 2 operational and 1 reserve gas compressor units), and increasing the capacity of CS Bozoy (up to 4 operational and 1 reserve gas compressor units), for providing the gas pipeline a capacity of up to 10 billion cubic meters per year. Building of GMU Beyneu.
- Charter capital was formed on a 50/50 parity basis, 500 million US dollars from each side, 1 billion US dollars in total.
- Project financing
- January 18th, 2011 – Design company LLP “Gas pipeline “Beyneu - Shymkent”” was created for project realization on a 50/50 parity basis with Chinese partners.
- May 3rd, 2011 – PLT “Gosekspertiza”has given a favorable conclusion on the project feasibility study.
- June 29th, 2011 - PLT “Gosekspertiza”has given a favorable conclusion on the design and estimate documentation (DED) for the linear part of the project.
- August 8th, 2011 – Bid results on the purchasing of tubular goods were summarized.. The following companies won the bid: LLC “Asian Pipeline Consortium” and China Petroleum Technology and Development Corporation
- September 9th, 2011 – the ceremony of the first joint welding took place
- September 26th, 2011 – Approval of Additional Agreement #1 to Agreement on the Main Principles of Organization of Design, Financing, Building and Exploitation of the Second section of the Gas pipeline Kazakhstan – China between KMG and CNPC. According to the Additional Agreement both sides have to provide a joint guarantee (50%/50%) for the creditor bank for the construction period.
It is planned to finish the correction of DED “Compressor stations” by the end of October, 2011. The corrections of DED “SCADA and telecommunication systems” are planned to be finished in the beginning of 2012.